Be civil and considerate. Not only do our members expect it, but models who read and post here need to know that they won’t be treated rudely. If a potential model reads our boards before a shoot and sees a bunch of crude louts, they will quite possibly cancel. We’ve tried very hard to keep a certain reputation, and to have it ruined by some careless words would be devastating, both personally and commercially.
These boards are publicly viewable. Any prospective members also can read these messages at any time, and that can be what makes or breaks their decision to join.
Respect our models, respect our members, and respect our site’s reputation.
Many features are available on our boards, but many are also disabled or limited in use. We have disabled Private Messaging. If you wish to contact us, please use the Feedback page.
We don’t allow posting of detailed personal information like phone numbers, addresses or email addresses. We don’t allow direct contact between members and models and we don’t approve contact between members beside the forums. This to protect our models but also our members against dangers like stalking.
Beside every post made you will see a small “Report” button. This is to send a quick note to the Moderators about that post. This is to notify us if the post has inappropriate content, or demonstrates bad behaviour by another member. It is not for general feedback or login issues. Use the appropriate channels for those.
Should an incident occur, or an email be sent to a Moderator, expect a response no sooner than 12 hours afterward. Hopefully we’ll be onto things much sooner, but there are no guarantees. The boards are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we try to keep track of all that goes on, but we do have real lives too!
Moderators can edit your posts without notice. Should anything inappropriate be included, or a simple coding error, these may be repaired without your being notified, though if it is a serious issue you will receive an email.
Moderators cannot affect your Boards Account. However, Administrators can. If you wish to have your username altered, or other deeper settings changed, Luxman is able to do this for you.
You can edit your own posts up to 24 hours after the post is made. This allows you to fix errors, delete posts, or adjust unsuitable text. You do this by clicking the ‘edit’ button in the bottom of your post’s message area.
In certain types of threads, if you add or subtract to a post after the initial submission it can affect any subsequent replies that may have been made before (or during) your edit, spoiling the flow of the conversation, so try be aware of this and limit what is changed and how soon you do it.
Moderators and Administrators can edit any post or thread at any time, including move it to the appropriate forum. If you wish something to be changed in a post after the 24 hours are up, contact them to assist.
Most subjects are allowed, though we prefer them to be about our site for the most part. However, we also allow a forum for completely off-topic stuff, ranging from telling us about weird things in your garden, through to writing poetry. But two subjects are forbidden, because they are too contentious and will just cause arguments of a heated nature:
NO POLITICS! NO RELIGION!
That doesn’t mean you can’t offer prayers or refer to the Bible or something fairly benign like that. Neither does it mean you can’t mention something in the political world that is in the News at the time. But nothing partisan, or arguing your side of your religious or political persuasion. It will only end in tears.
There is no freedom of speech here – this is a private messageboard, and what we say goes. We allow most kinds of subject matter, but being deliberately provocative is called trolling, and is not tolerated.
Check the forums to make sure your new thread is in the appropriate place. Most of The Models threads are pre-created by our Staff. The Models Speak threads are created by the models themselves.
When you aren’t sure how the boards’ features work, please use the Test Messages forum to try things out. You’ll find a lot of past members have used it to figure out smilies and attachments, so don’t be afraid to experiment. These posts do not get added to your post count.
- Do not use the [IMG] tag. it has been disabled. Always use the Attachment [ATTACH] tag for inline image posting.
- Do not post altered images from our site. e.g. don’t show our models doing things they did not do or saying things they did not say; don’t distort our copyrighted image in any way (except for resizing, see below); don’t remove our brand.
- Resize all large images. If you attach images found elsewhere on our site, especially from an imageset, please resize them to about half (500 – 600 pixels wide) so that casual passers-by cannot download the fullsize images for free. Be especially sure not to crop the image, or remove the brand. Or alternatively, you can post a link that points back to the page with the fullsize image.
- Do not post images of yourself or your friends. We do not have legal permission for you or those other people to be visible on our commercial site. Plus, we don’t know for certain any pics truly are of you, and we cannot take that risk. Exceptions to this rule are: Pictures posted by our own Staff; Pictures posted by our models of themselves (if others are in the image, they must be cropped out or blurred).
- Do not post copyrighted images from other sites, without acknowledging their origin or keeping their own watermark brand, and preferably following the permission granted by the site they are from.
- Do not post pictures of children. Any kind. Ever. For any reason.